Languissimo® Privacy Statement
Last updated on December 31, 2020. Languissimo® believes in the importance of thoughtfully handling personal information and is committed to privacy practices that are transparent and compliant. This Privacy Statement sets out how Languissimo® uses the personal information we collect and receive about you.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
Languissimo® collects personal information in support of its mission to help adults and children lead a better career and life. This personal information is collected through a variety of ways. You provide some information directly to us; we receive some information when you visit our website or use our products and services; and we receive some information from third parties. The categories of information we collect will depend on your interactions with Languissimo®: Contact information. Name, email address, phone number, and similar contact info. Payment and financial information. Credit card number, banking information and billing address. Demographic Information. Employment status, occupation, region. Usage and geographic data. Languissimo® collects information related to your use of our products, services and websites. We analyze that usage data so that we can improve our products and your experience with them. In certain instances, you can opt out of the collection of some usage data. Usage data includes online and technical information about your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system and browser type; your device type; details about how you are using our products; your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and geographic areas derived from your IP address; networking connection data; Languissimo® cookie information; file information; metadata; time stamped logs regarding access times and duration of visits; the web pages you visited before coming to Languissimo® websites (referring URL); and other usage data relating to your activities on our Sites, including the pages you request. We may link this information to the personal information we have collected about you and use it for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, and we may deliver targeted marketing and product information back to you based on your usage data. Third party data. We may receive your personal information from third party suppliers or partners. If you connect with Languissimo® accounts on third party social networking sites, we may receive information about your social networking accounts, for example, your name, user name or display name, public profile, and email address. We may combine information you provide with data we collect automatically and with data we receive from third parties. Images, video and recordings. Pictures, videos or audio recordings may be collected by Languissimo®. For example, if you attend a Languissimo® event, your image may be captured in a photo or video. If you call Languissimo®, your call may be recorded. If you decline to provide your personal information or ask us to delete it, we may be unable to continue to provide or support our products or services.
Ways We Use Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, as covered in any agreement that incorporates this Policy, or as disclosed to you in connection with our websites. For example, we will use your information to:
• Provide and deliver products or services;
• Operate and improve our operations, systems, products, and services;
• Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience;
• Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
• Provide service and support, such as sending confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, administrative messages and providing customer support and troubleshooting;
• Communicate with you and your referrals about promotions, upcoming events, and news about products and services offered by Languissimo® and our selected partners;
• Link or combine information about you with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better and more personalized service;
• Enforce our terms and conditions or protect our business, partners, or users;
• Protect against, investigate, and deter fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity; and
• Keep our products, facilities, and services secure.
Reasons for Using Your Information
When we process your personal information, we will only do so where at least one of the following applies:
• We need to use your personal information to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you and to provide you with products and services.
• We have a legitimate reason to collect and use your personal information. For example, it is in our legitimate interests to use usage data including your personal information to improve our products and services; to tell you about changes to this Privacy Statement and other policies; to tell you about new products, services and events or changes to our products, services or websites; for business reasons (for example to develop and expand our business); and to tell you about offers or promotions we are running.
• You have given consent to use your personal information. You may withdraw consent by opting out where we give you the opportunity to do so, or by contacting us using the contact details below.
• If it is necessary for us to use your personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation.
• You have chosen to make the information public. You should not share any personal information which you wish to keep confidential or private.
Sharing of Personal Information
Languissimo® works to keep your personal information confidential and secure. In some circumstances Languissimo® may share your information with third parties, for example:
• We may share your personal information when we have your permission, including when you choose to share information using Languissimo® Public or post to our Community websites;
• We may share your contact and transactional information with our current or future affiliates, which may include parent and subsidiary companies, joint ventures, or other companies under common control, in which case we will require our affiliates to honor this Privacy Statement;
• We will disclose your personal information to comply with legal requirements, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose your personal information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, verify, prevent, enforce compliance with, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; suspected fraud; situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person; protection of the rights and property of Languissimo®, our agents, customers, or others; violations or suspected violations of our agreements and policies; or as otherwise required or permitted by law or consistent with legal requirements;
• We transfer or disclose your personal information for corporate reasons. For example, to third parties in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy or similar transaction. We may also share personal information with our auditors, attorneys or other advisors in the connection with corporate functions; and
• Finally, we also share aggregated, anonymized or statistical information about you, including demographics data, with others for a variety of purposes, for example, for improving products and services for Languissimo® and others.
• We may facilitate third party services or ways to share data through third parties, including social media platforms, websites, applications, and services through plug-ins, widgets, buttons, and other third party features on and connected with our websites, communications or products. Third parties whose services you use in connection with Languissimo®, such as third parties whose websites we link to, may have information practices that are different from ours. This Privacy Statement does not apply to the activities of third parties when they are collecting or using data for their own purpose or on behalf of others. We are not responsible for the activities of these third parties. We encourage you to review their privacy policies to understand how they use your information.
Storage and Security of Your Personal Information
We have reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in place to help safeguard your personal information. However, you should know that no company, including Languissimo®, can fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. To help protect yourself, protect your user names and passwords to help prevent others from accessing your accounts and services. Languissimo® will not be responsible in the event that you disclose personal information through our public services or during any other communication with other users. Information collected by Languissimo® or on our behalf may be stored on your computers, on your mobile devices, or on our servers, and may be transferred to, accessed from, or stored and processed in, the United States and other countries, including jurisdictions that may not have data privacy laws that provide protections equivalent to those provided in your home country. However, we will protect all personal information we obtain in accordance with this Privacy Statement and take reasonable steps to ensure that it is treated lawfully. We may retain your personal information after you have purchased our products or utilized our services so that we can send you information about products, services and publications we think you may be interested in. You can “unsubscribe” from receiving such messages or tell us you are no longer interested;
• We may retain your personal information in order to protect our legal rights, or those of third parties, or to comply with the law;
• We may retain personal information about how you have used our products and services in order to improve and develop our business;
• If you purchase products or services from us, we may retain your personal information for as long as we need to in order to provide you with customer service, or for compliance purposes, for example, in order to comply with our record keeping requirements;
• Languissimo® may also use and share aggregated, non-personally identifiable data for research, external training and marketing purposes.
Controlling your Personal Information
Our marketing emails permit you to opt-out of receiving further marketing emails. You may also contact us at [email protected] at any time to let us know that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails. If you opt out but are a current customer, we will still send you transactional emails. Transactional emails are necessary communications about your accounts and our business dealings with you, such as renewals and updates, and, as allowed by applicable law, requests for your participation in surveys. You have certain rights in your personal information, subject to local data protection laws. If you are based in Europe, then you may have the right to ask us to:
• Confirm whether or not personal information about you is being processed;
• Provide you with details about how we process your personal information;
• Consider your valid objection to the processing of your personal information (including the right to object to processing on grounds relating to your particular situation where we are relying on our legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing your personal information);
• Correct or delete personal information which we hold about you;
• Restrict our processing of your personal information;
• Consider your valid request to transfer your personal information to a third party provider of services; and
• Ask us to treat your consent as withdrawn if you have previously provided us with consent to process your personal information and we rely on it as our legal basis for processing.
• If you live in California, you have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
• The right to notice about our collection and processing of your personal information;
• The right to request specific pieces of your personal information that we process;
• The right to opt out of having us sell your personal information;
• The right to receive equal services and prices regardless of whether you exercise any of your other rights.
• If you need help or wish to exercise any of the above rights or have questions about them, please submit your request here. Alternatively, you may dial 1 (613)-700-0838. We will consider all such requests and provide our response as soon as we can. Please note, however, that personal information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, which may include circumstances where we need to keep processing your personal information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We must confirm your identity before providing you with any personal information or deleting any personal information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
How to Contact Us
Languissimo® is located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. If you have any questions about how we use your personal information, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us here or at Languissimo®, 424 A Queen Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1R 5A8, Canada.
From time to time, we will update this Privacy Statement. In the event there are material changes to our information practices, we will note those changes on Languissimo®’s Privacy Statement webpage (www.Languissimo.ca/privacy) and in some cases send a notification of changes via email.